Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pancakes to Keep: The Joe Biden Story


So I'm not a big political person. I usually vote Democrat because they most closely align with my views, but I never feel like any politician is a close enough fit for me. And political speeches usually just annoy me.

But goddamn, I love Joe Biden. I think Chris's enthusiasm is infectious. I am not following this election too closely, becausut Biden is just so gosh darn cool. He's one of the few politicians I actually want to hear speak. Everything he says strikes home, and I actually agree with nearly all of it. I like his policies. As Chris said, his brain exploded, and he's still going! He's just an all-around great guy!

I will probably not be watching Obama tomorrow night (mostly due to scheduling conflicts), but I would have been ambivalent about watching him were I at home. But tonight, I looked at my watch, and switched the channel just in time, and caught Biden. And now I will bask in his glory.

Picture courtesy of the lovely Chris Neubert (yes, it is a bizarre inside joke)

No comments: